Looking for an appetizer to wow your guests this holiday season? Try these delicious Breaded Sea Scallops.
- • 1 large egg
- • 1/3 cup mashed potato flakes
- • 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- • 1/8 teaspoon salt
- • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- • 6 sea scallops (~ 3/4 pound)
- • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- • 2 tablespoons butter
- • 1 tablespoon canola oil
• In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg. In another bowl, toss potato flakes and bread crumbs with salt and pepper. In a third bowl, toss scallops with flour to coat lightly. Dip in egg, then in potato mixture, patting to adhere.
• In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add scallops; cook until golden brown and scallops are firm and opaque, 2-3 minutes per side.