Omega-3 Index Test
Calculated at checkout
- Measures the amount of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) in red blood cell membranes
- Simple, at-home finger prick test – one drop of blood allows assessment of nutritional fatty acid status
- Results include dietary recommendations custom tailored to test outcome
The Omega-3 Index is a blood test that measures the amount of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) in red blood cell membranes. Omega-3 fatty acids are vital nutrients needed throughout the body; they are components of every cell in our bodies and particularly important for our heart, circulation, brain, eyes, and everyday health.A test result in the desirable range of 8% – 12% could be an indicator of better overall health. Once you know your Omega-3 Index, you can personalize your diet to make an index change in as little as 3 months.* Your Results. Supported by Science.*
- Actionable: Fatty acid levels start changing with diet and lifestyle adjustments, stabilizing in 3 to 4 months.
- Personalized: Beyond your index number, results include dietary recommendations custom tailored to your test outcome, and percentile ranking to show how you compare to your peers.
- Certified: All test samples are processed in a CLIA-certified laboratory, meeting federal standards.
- Validated: The standardized sampling process is a validated methodology used in over 200 research studies
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
OmegaQuant® is a registered trademark of OmegaQuant, LLC.
Step 1: Order Kit – Your collection kit typically arrives within 3-5 days of placing your order.
Step 2: Collect Sample – Follow the kit instructions to collect your sample from home. Once your sample is collected simply place it in the mail to the laboratory with the pre-paid return envelope provided.
Step 3: Get Results – You will receive your results via email in 1 to 2 weeks, including personalized, actionable information about diet and lifestyle based on your results.